The impact of your gift.
Thank you for your interest in supporting Corazon San Antonio. Our annual operating budget is approximately $1-2 million, including programs, salaries and benefits. Our staff and budget are small, but our hundreds of eager and enthusiastic volunteers provide unconditional love and life-giving support to hundreds of clients each week.
Last year we served over 30,000 hot, nutritious meals, offered primary healthcare and dermatology services to over 2,200 guests, distributed over 4,200 hygiene packets, provided 4,200 warm showers, and helped serve hundreds of clients each day through harm reduction and day center activities. Just in six months we have helped find shelter and housing for 300 clients!
While many of our guests come to Corazon initially for the services, many stay for the community. A lack of network is one of the reasons for and symptoms of homelessness. At Corazon, all are welcome and we believe everyone should be treated with dignity and respect.
We are able to keep expenses low due to strategic partnerships with the San Antonio Food Bank, and through donations of in-kind items!
What your donation can do:
- Help find shelter for clients through street outreach
- Help house women in recovery at The Deborah’s Hosue
- Help fund the Day Center and Medical Clinic facilities
- Help fund harm reduction, recovery and overdose prevention
- Help serve 1000s of home cooked meals each week
- $1000 helps make about 1,500 meals!
- $500 helps cover 1 month of rent, utilities, and food for 1 woman at Deborahs House recovery home!
- $100 helps create 100 hygiene packs!