With unconditional love and justice, we provide support to people experiencing homelessness and to people who are marginalized, suffering from trauma, mental illness, or addiction to enhance mind, body, spirit, creativity, and community.
The members of the Board for Corazon Ministries, Inc. translate and activate the vision and mission by offering support and programs aimed at the whole person; physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
To this end, CMI will offer programs to:
- Feed those who are physically and spiritually hungry
- Provide a welcoming sanctuary at all campuses for emotional growth, unconditional love and acceptance.
- Provide access to primary health care and dermatology services and referrals
- Educate people about disease prevention and offer testing and vaccines.
- Educate people through music and art therapy
- Facilitate recovery from addiction in partnership with our Harm Reduction Program, Recovery Circle, and sober living homes.
- Advocate for people who are poor, homeless, marginalized and/or mentally ill at the local and/or state level
- Offer volunteers the opportunity to be renewed by serving and building new relationships with people who are homeless and/or marginalized, or living in addiction
- Coordinate our services and ministry with other community organizations in order to better meet the needs of people who are homeless, marginalized and/or mentally ill
- Refer people to local agencies for services and support not provided by Corazon
- Nutritious meals
- Warm showers, hygiene items
- Corazon Medical Clinic
- TPC Dermatology Cinic
- Barber haircuts
- Harm Reduction
- Recovery Homes
Spirit, Mind, and Community
- Recovery circles
- Spiritual Services
- Positive Feedback
- Optional Worship
- Prayer Groups
- Alamo City Street Choir & Music Therapy
- Art Table with host and supplies
- Creative Writing